Volunteer and make a difference in your community today!!
- Early Head Start Community and Family Engagement Volunteer - Organize and plan community and family events, develop and implement strategies to increase volunteerism in the Early Head Start Program, collect and analyze data, participate in meetings, trainings, and events, and shadow various service providers throughout the Agency. Minimum 16 hours per week including some Fridays and must be at least 18 years old. Language skills in Spanish, Mandarin, and/or Vietnamese is strongly preferred.
- Help Out as a Tutor, Homework Helper or Children’s Activity Assistant - Consider volunteering at one of our Family Centers in Pasadena, Duarte, West Covina or El Monte. Must be at least 16 years old.
- Join the Friends of Foothill Family - Created in 2000, the Friends of Foothill Family is a volunteer guild of more than 100 amazing women from Pasadena, Altadena, San Marino, La Cañada and surrounding areas who dedicate time and energy to Foothill Family Service. The group’s events include an Annual Benefit Gala which has raised over $1.8 million for Foothill Family Service since 2001 and the Back-to-School Backpack Program. Check out the facebook page here.
- December 2016: "Adopt" a Family in Need During the Holidays
The Adopt-A-Family Program distributes holiday gifts of clothes, toys and necessities to local families in need during the holiday season. The Program matches financially struggling families who receive treatment from Foothill Family Service with local donors — such as individuals, families, scout troops, classrooms, clubs and church groups — who would like to brighten the holiday season for a family experiencing hardship. Families available for "adoption" range in size from small to large, and come from the San Gabriel and Pomona valleys, Pasadena, Altadena, Glendale, Burbank, and surrounding communities. Due to the current economic climate, participation in the Adopt-A-Family Program is especially appreciated. For more information regarding Adopt A Family, please contact Rachelle Gayl, Director of Development at 626-993-3013 or email@example.com.
Here's how you can help:
- Adopt a family and donate presents to children and families.
- Volunteer in Santa's Workshop during gift drop off dates (TBD).
- Be a part of our "Giving Tree" program and place a giving tree in your business or storefront.
- Donate wrapping paper, bows and tape to Santa's Workshop for gift wrapping.
Benefit 2017: Do you love events? Help us prepare for our benefit! We'll need a few extra hands in the days leading up to our benefit!
We also have many volunteer opportunities which we can tailor to you or your group. For more information about volunteer opportunities, please contact Stacey Terriquez, Human Resources Manager at 626-993-3057 or firstname.lastname@example.org.