- Hour-long sessions in English or Spanish cover a variety of topics, including resolving conflict at home, parental stress and its effects on children, positive discipline, childhood obesity and emotional eating, and recognizing child abuse and neglect.
School and Family Effectiveness (SAFE)
- 10-week session that strengthens the family system by engaging all the members and improving the relationships within the family and between the family and school.
- Spanish or Cantonese SAFE sessions are available to elementary students and their families from the Garvey Unified School District.
Project AIM (Adult Identity Mentoring)
- Foothill Family uses an evidence-based youths development intervention that helps middle and high school-aged youths avoid risky behaviors by focusing on positive academic, personal and career goals.
- During the weekly or bi-weekly sessions, youths envision a positive future for themselves and map out the steps towards a successful future.
- Project AIM invites community volunteers to talk about their career experiences, which help youths as they consider their future options.
Prevention Services for Teens
- We partner with community agencies to encourage healthy life choices for pre-teens, teens and young adults through youths development activities that build the self-esteem of teens and pre-teens who are at a high risk for teenage pregnancy or school dropout.