Volunteer and make a difference in your community today!!
- Early Head Start Community and Family Engagement Volunteer - Organize and plan community and family events, develop and implement strategies to increase volunteerism in the Early Head Start Program, collect and analyze data, participate in meetings, trainings, and events, and shadow various service providers throughout the Agency. Minimum 16 hours per week including some Fridays and must be at least 18 years old. Language skills in Spanish, Mandarin, and/or Vietnamese is strongly preferred.
- Help Out as a Tutor, Homework Helper or Children’s Activity Assistant - Consider volunteering at one of our Family Centers in Pasadena, Duarte, West Covina or El Monte. Must be at least 16 years old.
- Join the Friends of Foothill Family - Created in 2000, the Friends of Foothill Family is a volunteer guild of more than 100 amazing women from Pasadena, Altadena, San Marino, La Cañada and surrounding areas who dedicate time and energy to Foothill Family Service. The group’s events include an Annual Benefit Gala which has raised over $1.8 million for Foothill Family Service since 2001 and the Back-to-School Backpack Program. Check out the facebook page here.
- November & December 2017: Support Families in Need During the Holidays
Making Seasons Brighter makes gifts of clothes, toys, and necessities available to local families in need during the holiday season. Local donors — such as individuals, families, scout troops, classrooms, clubs and church groups — who would like to brighten the holiday season for a family experiencing hardship are invited to participate by purchasing items from a wish list that we will have available for clients at pop-up shops at each Foothill Family center in December. The families, who are selected by Foothill Family therapists and case managers as those with the highest need, are then invited to "shop" for their families' holiday wish list. The format of this program aims to empower families to feel involved and invested in the holiday giving season. Selected families range in size from small to large, and come from the San Gabriel and Pomona Valleys, Glendale, Burbank, and surrounding communities. For more information regarding the Making Seasons Brighter, please contact Myrna Medina, Development Coordinator at 626-993-3034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Benefit 2018: Under the Big Top Do you love events? Help us prepare for our benefit! Please contact Myrna Medina, Development Coordinator, at 626-993-3034 or email@example.com.
We also have many volunteer opportunities which we can tailor to you or your group. For more information about volunteer opportunities, please contact Stacey Terriquez, Human Resources Manager at 626-993-3057 or firstname.lastname@example.org.