|Educational Requirements: ||High school diploma or equivalent* |
|Experience Requirements: |
|Language Skills:||Ability to speak Spanish, Mandarin, and/or Cantonese preferred, but not
|Availability:||4 hours of instruction per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. One in-person
session and one-online session tentatively from 10am-12pm.** Interning hours in
an Early Childhood setting will also be required|
120 hours of training in the 8 CDA subject areas:
1. Planning a safe and healthy learning environment
2. Advancing children's physical and intellectual development
Children’s social and emotional development
4. Building productive relationships with families
5. Managing an effective program operation
6. Maintaining a commitment to professionalism
7. Observing and recording children’s behavior
8. Understanding the principles of child development and learning
Additional hours will include job preparation
and other required training
|Academic & Career Coaching support:|
*If you are interested, but do not have a high school diploma or equivalent, please speak with the Career Coach about possible alternative opportunities.
**The exact times are to be finalized
by empowering children and families in our community to overcome challenges and achieve success in relationships, school, and work.
Rooted in caring since 1926, Foothill Family provides a broad range of community-based mental health and social services to under-served children and families in the San Gabriel and Pomona Valleys, Glendale, and Burbank.