Gretta Ayoub Casalnuovo Memorial Scholarship Fund Application
Gretta Ayoub Casalnuovo had a passion for helping others. She earned her Master of Social Work degree at the USC School of Social Work in 1999. She then spent the rest of her career as a therapist at Foothill Family, rising to the level of Director of the Full Service Partnership.
Her passion for helping others continued while working at Foothill Family, where she not only assisted those in the community that needed support but was also a mentor to graduate student interns, helping them to develop their potential as clinical professionals. She was particularly drawn to those who demonstrated empathy and compassion. In 2008, Gretta received the Distinguished Field Instructor Award from USC for her outstanding work in the area of Clinical Field Instruction.
The Gretta Ayoub Casalnuovo Memorial Scholarship Fund honors the memory of Gretta Ayoub Casalnuovo. Two $5,000 scholarships will be awarded annually to qualified MSW interns to assist these graduate students as they develop their skills in the field of social work.
CRITERIA for applicants/recipients:
- Must be a graduate student currently enrolled in an accredited Master of Social Work (MSW) program, either first or second year, and be recommended by their school for a practicum with Foothill Family.
- Must complete this application, submit the three supporting statements listed below, request transcripts be sent to Foothill Family directly from your school, and submit two letters of recommendation.
- Must successfully complete a field placement with Foothill Family (duration to be determined by recipient’s school).
- This application with (3) supporting statements must be uploaded and submitted online by October 31, 2023.
- Supporting documents from external sources (transcripts, letters of recommendation) must be received by October 31, 2023.
"*" indicates required fields